Boreas (North Wind), Kaikias (North-East Wind), Apeliotes (East Wind), Euros (South-East Wind), Notos (South Wind), Lips (South-West Wind), Zephyros (West Wind), and Skiron (North-West Wind)
In Ancient times the Anemoi were mostly concerned with the wind in the sea. In modern times wind is still important if you are travelling by sea, but the Anemoi can also protect air planes and are important for the farmer.
- Venti - Latin name
Boreas: shaggy hair and beard, billowing cloak and a conch shell in his hands
Kaikias: bearded, shield and hail stones
Apeliotes: cleanshaven, cloak full of grain and fruit
Euros: bearded, heavy cloak
Notos: vase of water
Lips: stern of a ship
Zephyros: beardless youth, flowers
Skiron: bearded, a cauldron
Lambs, goats, rams, wheat, any aromatic herbs and incenses.
- No Festival (-) .
Ways to honor
Mostly votive sacrifices. Respect the wind and its value. Promote wind energy.
- No articles yet... Why not write one? Contact the member responsible for this page by clicking his name on the sidebar.
Ancient Hymns and Texts
- No Ancient Texts yet... Do you know one? Contact the member responsible for this page by clicking his name on the sidebar.
Modern Hymns and Devotions
- No modern devotions yet... You want to offer one? Contact the member responsible for this page by clicking his name on the sidebar.
- Alcaeus' Fragments 319
- Apollodorus's Library 1.8-9
- Valerius Flaccus' Argonautica 1.574, 1.640, 6.164, 8.322, 8.350
- Herodotus' Histories 7.178.1
- Hesiod's Theogony 378, 869
- Hesiod's Catalogues of Women 47
- Homer's Iliad 9.4, 23.194-230
- Homer's Odyssey 5.291,
- Nonnos' Dionysiaca 2.392, 2.524, 6.18, 12.59, 13.381, 41.155, 41.263, 47.356, 47.340
- Ovid's Metamorphoses 1.57
- Pausanias' Guide to Greece 2.12.1, 9.34.3
- Pindar's Maiden Songs Frag 104
- Simonides' Fragments 535
- Quintus Smyrnaeus' Fall of Troy 2.549, 3.580, 12.189
- The Gods of the Greeks by C. Kerényi
Primary Cult Centers
This God Page hasn't been adopted yet. Even if it isn't adopted, you can still contribute with information, updates, articles, and devotions, just email the webmaster.