Pan is the god of the Wild who enjoys to the extreme.
Pan is a carefree soul, prancing through the high mountains, tending sheep, playing his pipes, singing, chasing after nymphs, and dancing. His only creed is freedom. He shows his followers how to live a similar life, how to let go and live for a change.
Primary Cult Centers
- Megas – Great
Goat, sheep, ram
Milk, honey, must, goats, Indian hemp, orchis root, musk, civet, thistle
- No Festival (-) .
Ways to honor
Dance, sing, spend time in the wild. Drink, eat, have sex. Above all else, enjoy yourself.
- No articles yet… Why not write one? Contact the member responsible for this page by clicking his name on the sidebar.
Ancient Hymns and Texts
- No Ancient Texts yet… Do you know one? Contact the member responsible for this page by clicking his name on the sidebar.
Modern Hymns and Devotions
- No modern devotions yet… You want to offer one? Contact the member responsible for this page by clicking his name on the sidebar.
- Apollodorus’ Epitome 7.38
- Apollodorus’ Library 1.4.1
- Herodotus’ The Histories 2.145, 4.105, 6.105-106
- Hesiod’s Theogony
- Homeric Hymn to Pan 19
- Ovid’s Metamorphoses 1.689-712, 11.146-179, 14.635-641
- Pausanias’ Description of Greece 1.28.4, 8.36.8, 8.42.2-3, 8.54.6-7, 10.23.7
- Pindar’s Fragments 95
- Plato’s Phaedrus
- Plutarch’s On the Decline of Oracles
- Theocritus’ Idylls 1.16
- Virgil’s Georgics 3.391-393
- The Goat Foot God by Diotima