God of Death and the Underworld.
Haides' blessing is acceptance of our mortality. It's the common lot of all men, what sets us apart from the Gods. It comes to everyone - the rich and the poor like, without malice. We can fight it off, attempt to resist the inevitable - but we will always fail. Instead, we should live with the sure knowledge that we will die, and make every moment a good and worthy one. When our time comes, we should meet it nobly, as we would an esteemed friend.
- Aidoneus - the Hidden
- Eubouleus - Good Counsellor
- Eukhaitos - Beautiful-haired
- Eukles - of Good Repute
- Hagisilaos - Leader of the People
- Klymenos - Renowned
- Pasianax - Lord Over All
- Plouton - Wealth
- Polydektes - Receiver of Many Guests
- Zeus Katakhthonios - Zeus of the Underworld
Black rams and bulls
Receives no sacrifices
Elis, Southern Italy
- No Festival (-) .
Ways to honor
Don't fear death but accept it's inevitability. Help others through the process of grief. Remember the dead with fondness, for they live on in our thoughts and dreams.
- No articles yet... Why not write one? Contact the member responsible for this page by clicking his name on the sidebar.
Ancient Hymns and Texts
- No Ancient Texts yet... Do you know one? Contact the member responsible for this page by clicking his name on the sidebar.
Modern Hymns and Devotions
- No modern devotions yet... You want to offer one? Contact the member responsible for this page by clicking his name on the sidebar.
- Aeschylus' Eumenides 273
- Apollodorus' Library 1.15-1.2.1, 1.3.2, 1.5.1-3, 2.5.12
- Hesiod's Theogony 453-506, 850
- Homer's Iliad 5.844-845, 5.395-7, 8.368, 9.158, 9.568-570, 15.187-93
- Homeric Hymn to Demeter 2
- Hyginus' Fabulae 79, 146
- Ovid's Metamorphoses 5.359-424
- Pausanias' Description of Greece 6.25.2
- Cerberus, The Dog of Hades - The History of an Idea by Maurice Bloomfield
Primary Cult Centers
- Southern Italy
This God Page hasn't been adopted yet. Even if it isn't adopted, you can still contribute with information, updates, articles, and devotions, just email the webmaster.