Goddess of the Hearth and the sacred fire that unites a family and a community.
Hestia's blessings are simple ones. She teaches the virtues of home and family life, the sweet rewards of labor, and the value of good food and good rest. Where there is anger, she cools it. Where there is strife, she ends it. The bonds of family and friendship are of foremost concern to her.
- Boulaia - of the Council
- Prytaneia - of the Prytanis
Fire, the hearth
Aromatic herbs; libations
- Daily Sacrifices (Daily) Daily sacrifices made at every meal
Ways to honor
Make your home as inviting and comfortable as possible. Show hospitality. Invite others into your home and share your food and comforts with them. Never let a chance go by without showing your family and friends how important they are to you. Pour libations to her at every meal. Keep a lamp, candle, or hearth fire burning in her honor.
- No articles yet... Why not write one? Contact the member responsible for this page by clicking his name on the sidebar.
Ancient Hymns and Texts
- No Ancient Texts yet... Do you know one? Contact the member responsible for this page by clicking his name on the sidebar.
Modern Hymns and Devotions
- No modern devotions yet... You want to offer one? Contact the member responsible for this page by clicking his name on the sidebar.
- Hesiod's Theogony 453-506
- Homeric Hymn to Aphrodite 5.21-32
- Homeric Hymn to Hestia 24, 29
- Pausanias' Description of Greece 5.14.4
- Virgil's Georgics 1408
- The Gods of the Greeks by C. Kerényi
- Hearth and Sacred Fire
Primary Cult Centers
This God Page hasn't been adopted yet. Even if it isn't adopted, you can still contribute with information, updates, articles, and devotions, just email the webmaster.